What is mPay?
mPay is a merchant payment solution that enables customers to pay for goods and
services at merchant locations in real-time using their mobile phones as opposed to using
How does mPay work?
1. The merchant cashier records the total amount of the bill to be paid by the customer.
2. mPay issues a unique payment code called “PayCode” which is given to the customer .
3. The customer will type *334*0*PayCode# and press Yes button on his/her mobile phone.
4. The amount to be paid is displayed and the customer is required to enter the Pin Code to
confirm the payment.
5. Once the payment is confirmed, the transaction status is updated to “PAID” on the
merchant phone and the payment is completed.
How to register for BK mPay?
Visit any BK Branch and sign up for BK MobiServe, You will automatically
get access to BK mPay.
1. Enjoy secure payment at your convenience 24 hours, 7 days a week.
2. Easy to use and no need to carry cash.
3. Accessible in English, French and Kinyarwanda.
4. No registration fee.
5. Pay as you use.
Transaction Amount - Range Cost
0- 5000Rwf 50Rwf
5001- 50000Rwf 100Rwf
The maximum amount to pay using mPay is set to 100,000 RWF. However, any payment
above 100,000 RWF will need the approval of the Branch and charges will still be 200 RWF.
For more information, please call 4455 or visit www.bk.rw